• This beautiful forest lies close to the Glenary River, a tributary of the River Suir, and has about 2km of forest walks. The main feature is the ruins of the castle that gives the forest its name. It is just 500m from the car park down a woodland trail that leads to the river.
    The forest contains an abundance of birds and animals, including…
  • This 2km looped walk takes less than an hour to complete and is the easiest of three walks in Glenbawn Wood near the village of Marlfield on the outskirts of Clonmel.
    In previous times, the forest was the site for the fort of the Faolains, chiefs of the Deise (the longest of the three loops here is called the Dun Ui Faolain). The woods teem…
  • At 5km, this looped walk is the longest of three in Glenbawn Wood, outside Clonmel. The wood used to be the fort of the Faolain’s chiefs of the Deise, hence the name, and teems with wildlife and diverse plant species.
    The walk starts in the Glenbawn Wood carpark and follows the purple arrows, with more than one kilometre of the loop along…
  • Old St Mary’s Church is believed to have been built by William de Burgo in 1204. In the late 14th to early 15th century, a fortified church was constructed on the site. The base of the bell tower and the east tower house survive from that house of worship, which was largely destroyed in 1650 during the Cromwellian occupation. In 1805, the…
  • Originally a tennis club, Hillview has grown since it was founded in 1939 to become a thriving multisport club which now also offers badminton, table tennis and an excellent nine-hole pitch and putt golf course.
    Facilities also include a bar and social area, and the club hosts the numerous social events throughout the year, which are…

Join Our Listing

Clonmel Business Listing Form

Want to join Clonmel's Business Listing? You can submit your business details to our directory